Ignite lighter away from face, others and flammables.
Beware of flame which may not be visible in bright light.
Actual heat length is longer than visible flame.
Be sure flame is fully extinguished after use.
Never expose to heat above 50c (120F) or to prolonged sunlight (e.g.; car dashboard).
Contains flammable gas under pressure.
Never puncture or put in fire.
DO NOT BURN continuously for more than 10 seconds (all models except GX7 - see below). Models GX7 & GX7R only: do not burn continuously for more than 10 minutes.
Lighter head becomes very hot if used for longer than 10 seconds and care should be taken before handling. (See section on GX7 below)
HOW TO REFILL A TURBOFLAME LIGHTER
During bleeding/refill procedure strictly observe the following:
Do not be near any open flame or heat source.
Perform only in well ventilated area.
Keep lighter lid closed.
Do not attempt to ignite.
Hold lighter away from face, others and flammables.
Do not tamper with factory settings.
1. Bleeding: Discharge the existing air / gas mixture, in a well ventilated area away from any open flames or sparks, use a pointed instrument e.g., pen knife or a metal skewer to depress the valve at bottom centre of lighter to discharge the trapped air / gas until hissing stops, then proceed to refill with recommended butane gas (brands such as: Colibri, New Port, or Vector that are marked "Triple Refined", "Near Zero Impurities", "Ultra Refined" or "Quintuplus".
CAUTION: Be careful since the expelled butane is very cold and could cause frost bites - i.e., simply point the refill valve away from yourself - i.e., downwards. For best results. turn down the flame adjustment screw to minimum before discharging the air/gas from reservoir.
2. Shake the gas refill canister warm it up. Insert the corrrect size nozzle - usually you will not need any adaptors - vertically into the refill valve and press hard.
For best results the lighter's refill valve should point up, i.e., the refill canister points downwards such that the liquid butane is injected downwards. Always use recommended butane gas - i.e., brands marked with "Triple refined", "Ultra Refined" or "Near Zero Impurities". There are also some gas "refined 5 times" that are available in the USA and work well with Turboflame lighters (e.g., Vector or Xikar butane refill).
3. DO NOT TOUCH IGNITION LEVER while refilling. Insert the refill canister's nozzle vertically into the refill valve at base of lighter and press firmly.
4. Press down 3 times, each time about 3 seconds. Escaping gas indicates gas tank is full.
5. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO IGNITE IMMEDIATELY.
6. Warm lighter in hand for about 2 minutes or until it reaches room temperature.
7. If hissing sound is heard DO NOT IGNITE, bleed and refill again.
8. Reset the flame height by rotating flame adjustment slots with small screwdriver approximately one quarter turn in (+) or (-) direction until reaching "Working Flame Height" (see below**)
9. For Turbostik Multi Task Lighters and Turboblade models, simply rotate flame adjustment wheel.
10. Repeat steps 1-9 if necessary.
WORKING FLAME HEIGHT: Set against dark/black background - away from bright lights (e.g., dimly lit room) as follows:
Model, Working Flame Height (inches) GX Original & Military, 3/4" to 1" (2 cm) T2 Twin & Ranger, 3/4" to 1" (2 cm) V Flame, 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" (3.5 cm) Arc, 3/4"-1" (2 cm) Phoenix, 1/2" (1 cm)
I. Avoid smoke blow backs into the lighter tip (e.g. When lighting outdoors make sure wind is either behind or across your Turboflame). Excess smoke will cause carbon build up and failure of catalyser – voiding the warranty. Use tip of the blue flame and not the flame itself for lighting purposes.
II. The models with wire catalyser (e.g, Phoenix) need to be kept free from dirt, ash, debris or fluff entering the burner hole, otherwise the wire catalyser burns out. This could be simply avoided by lighting in the flame tip and not the flame itself as well as avoiding foreign debris entering the lighter tip. Broken or missing wire catalysers are signs of misuse and are not covered under the warranty.
III. In cooler weather keep your lighter warm (e.g. inside pockets).
IV. In warmer ambient temperatures you may need to reduce the gas pressure (turn adjustment screw clock wise to decrease flame height).
V. Maximum working elevation 3,000M (9,800ft).
VI. Use the recommended butane gas refills e.g., brands such as Colibri, Newport or Vector that use premium quality and are marked: Triple/Double refined or Near Zero Impurities. Otherwise use of common supermarket brands that have high impurity (oils) content, cause carbon build up, clogging catalyzer and ignition failure.
VII. It is recommended to bleed/refill and adjust flame height (see refill instructions) after purchase since lighters are sold either empty or with only small quantity of gas for testing purposes only. After the first flame adjustment, you usually need to bleed/refill when gas level becomes low i.e., when gas level is low, the flame flickers or becomes intermittent that also may indicate trapped air in gas reservoir - see bleeding (no.1 above)
Note that in models with a fuel level window, it is possible to view some liquid gas which may give the impression that lighter is partially full while at the same time, the trapped air inside reservoir may cause misfires or flickering flame as indicated above.
CONTINUOUS BURN WARNINGS: ORIGINAL - GX7 - MINI BLOW TORCH MODEL
CONTINUOUS BURNING - only for GX7 & GX7R models
After ignition, the lock lever can be pushed to the LOCK position for temporary continuous burning.
To extinguish the flame, carefully - without touching the hot surfaces as shown on the diagram - push the lever back to the UNLOCK position.
CAUTION Please familarise yourself with surface temperatures as shown on the diagram.
Surfaces become very hot and due care must be taken to avoid injury.
Do NOT operate continuously for more than 10 minutes.
Allow the GX7 mini blow torch to cool down to room temperature before resuming re-ignition.
SURFACE TEMPERATURE (Centigrade / Fahreinheit) AFTER CONTINUOUS BURN TIME
AREA TIP 1 minute 60 c (140 f) 5 minutes 110 c (230 f) 10 minutes 155 c (311 f)
AREA AIR VENT 1 minute 32 c (90 f) 5 minutes 60 c (140 f) 10 minutes 98 c (208 f)
AREA LOCK LEVER 1 minute 23 c (73 f) 5 minutes 27 c (81 f) 10 minutes 40 c (104 f)
AREA IGNITION HANDLE 1 minute 24 c (75 f) 5 minutes 27 c (81 f) 10 minutes 31 c (88 f)